This page contains the most common issues your employees might encounter when using Hoxhunt. You should share this page with your IT Support provider or internal Helpdesk team so that they can quickly assist your employees with most common questions and issues related to Hoxhunt.
Please subscribe to the Hoxhunt Service Status page. This page will be updated if there is a major disruption in the service.
When you escalate an issue to Hoxhunt, please include the following information:
User email address
Description of the problem
Steps leading to the problem
Approximate time of occurrence
- How often does the error occur (every time with all emails, every time with certain email, etc.)
Copy-pasted Error ID and Error Details (or a screenshot)
Any other relevant context information (recent Office update, network configuration)
Frequently asked questions
I didn't receive an invite to Hoxhunt -> Check Junk folder; ask Admin to re-send the invitation
I asked for the Welcome package but it never arrived -> Ask user to try again or contact Hoxhunt Support
Top support articles for Exchange customers
Hoxhunt button is missing
- TOP CAUSES: Optional Connected Experiences is not enabled; Reading Pane is turned off
Error situations when using Hoxhunt button
Problems with Hoxhunt button?
(ADD-IN ERROR, Something went wrong, loading issues, etc.)
- TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: Always check if reporting works via OWA (Web Outlook) or with another network connection. In most cases this allows the use of Hoxhunt add-in while the error in desktop Outlook client is being investigated.
- TOP CAUSES:
- Protected Mode is not enabled. Having it enabled is a requirement for Office add-ins to work.
- OTHER COMMON CAUSE: User is registered to Hoxhunt with multiple accounts (email addresses). Contact Hoxhunt Support for assistance at email@example.com
NOTE: Hoxhunt is currently overhauling its error code system. In most cases you still need to contact Hoxhunt for an explanations for error codes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Top support articles for G Suite customers
Hoxhunt add-in is missing
- TOP CAUSE:
for Chrome extension: User is not logged to Chrome browser; Browser Sync is turned off
for native Gmail add-on: Side panel is hidden/collapsed
If you need any additional assistance, please don't heistate to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.