This article explains how Google Admins can create a Content Compliance rule that prevents your employees from forwarding Hoxhunt training emails outside your organization, to colleagues, or to your Security team. You can even set an automatic reply to the user and instruct them to use Hoxhunt button to report the email instead.
Before you begin
Define your custom string to be included in the email body. Please ensure that the custom string uses only numbers, letters and hyphens (a-z,A-Z,0-9 and - characters) and you use at least 30 characters. No spaces are allowed as they break the formatting for some mail clients.
Add your custom string value to your Hoxhunt organization settings.
Scroll down to Custom email body identifier
Add your custom email body identifier string and choose Save
NOTE: If Hoxhunt defined the custom email body identifier for you and shared it with you, you can also use that value. Please make sure the value/s you use match the ones you can see in the Hoxhunt Admin Portal at https://admin.hoxhunt.com/settings/email-delivery
Configure content compliance rule for Hoxhunt
- Log in to Google Admin Console.
- Go to https://admin.google.com/ac/apps/gmail/compliance?pli=1
- Scroll down to Content compliance, and select ADD RULE.
- Add a short description about the purpose of the rule.
- Under Email message to affect, select Outbound or Internal - sending (or both, depending on your need).
- Under step 2, select If ANY of the following match the message.
- Click ADD.
- Change the match mode to Advanced content match.
- Set Location to Body.
- Set Match type to Contains text.
- Paste the created custom email body identifier to the Content field.
- Click SAVE.
- Under step 3, select Reject the message.
- Add a rejection notice that suits your needs. We recommend to encourage users to report the email with Hoxhunt add-in instead.
- Click SAVE.
Once complete, your content compliance rule should look similar to this:
NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for the content compliance rule to propagate to all users.
Questions or further issues?
If you need any additional help, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Onboarding Manager or Hoxhunt Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.