Activating a Receive Connector consists of two parts:
1. Add a Receive Connector in Exchange/O365.
2. Provide MX tenant record to Hoxhunt
What is a Receive Connector?
In some scenarios Hoxhunt may need to bypass additional filtering systems (e.g. email scanners) that might affect normal mail flow to your mail server. Receive Connector is a feature that makes it possible for Hoxhunt to send simulation emails directly to your email system (e.g. O365 or on-premise Exchange). Receive Connector is also always recommended for hybrid environments to minimise mail flow issues.
IMPORTANT: Although it's possible to bypass many filter systems via whitelisting, Hoxhunt recommends building a Receive Connector. For more information on whitelisting different filter systems, please check our Knowledge base or contact your system provider.
Figure 1: Receive Connector is configured at "OFFICE365" to let "HOXHUNT" bypass other systems in the way.
1. Add a Receive Connector in Exchange
- Go to Exchange Admin Center.
- Select Mail Flow.
- Select Connectors and click the "+" icon.
- Select “what type” of connector you need (Mail flow Scenario). Select “Partner organization” from the “From” field, and "Office 365" from the "To" field.
NOTE: If you are configuring receive connector for an on-premise Exchange server, please select "Exchange" from the "To" field.
- Add a Connector and name it for example "Hoxhunt Receive Connector".
- Under "What do you want to do after the connector is saved?", tick "Turn it on" and "Retain internal Exchange email headers (recommended)". Then click Next.
- Choose “By verifying that the IP address of the sending server matches one of these IP addresses that belong to your organization” and enter the following two IP addresses:
- Tick "Reject email messages if they aren't sent over TLS" to enable SSL.
- Continue by clicking Next.
- Save the connector by clicking Save.
You have now successfully configured the Receive Connector.
2. Send your MX tenant record to Hoxhunt
For more information about Receive connector please contact Hoxhunt Support.