Some Outlook users can get an add-in error while using the "Report this email" button. The add-in error will be displayed in a yellow box with the title "ADD-IN ERROR". There are many possible causes for the add-in error to occur, and often they are related to your desktop environment.
Example of a possible add-in error.
To resolve the add-in error, try the following steps:
- Restart Outlook - sometimes the button has not been loaded properly when starting Outlook.
- Allow pop-ups if prompted - HoxHunt needs pop-ups allowed in Outlook to open the result page.
- Allow add-ins - If your desktop environment has not allowed add-in use, you need to request your administrator to allow them.
- Enable Protected Mode + Restart - Security settings inside Internet Explorer may need to be changed
Enabling Protected Mode either via
Internet Explorer > Options > Security or Control Panel > Internet Options > Security.
Error clicking HoxHunt button
Some users can get an error after clicking the HoxHunt button. This error is visible in the side window that opens when you report and email.
- Forward the error to HoxHunt by clicking the "Report Error" button.
- Most common errors and resolutions:
- Error 401: This is an Authentication error. Please seek assistance from your IT support team to resolve the error.
- Error 500: This is a Connection error. This error is often temporary, please wait a moment before trying again.
- Unauthorized action: You are not allowed to report the email. If you try to report from a shared inbox, you need to be logged in with the shared inbox account. If you report an old quest, it may be that your user account was recreated (e.g. between a pilot and a full launch).
Black screen after reporting
This is often caused by a connection issue. A black screen can pop up after reporting with Outlook, or a loading icon is visible in a loop.
To resolve a black screen, try the following:
- Restart Outlook.
- Check your internet connection (Wifi, VPN) and try reporting again.
- If the issue continues, please reach out to HoxHunt support.