Outlook 2013, 2016, Outlook Web Application
The HoxHunt button is automatically distributed to you by your organisation's admins. You do not need to install anything on your computer, this is done centrally by your Microsoft Office Admin.
Once the button is distributed, it will be visible in your email client. If it is not visible, please reach out to your internal IT support team for assistance.
If your company is using Outlook 2010, the button will only work on the computer it is installed on and will not be visible on your mobile phone or Outlook Web Application (OWA). If the button is missing, please contact your local IT support for further assistance.
Button not visible
If the button is not visible in our email client, please try the following steps:
- Restart Outlook.
- Apply latest software updates to Outlook.
- See if you can see it in the web browser version of Outlook (Outlook Web Application). If you can see it there, it'll usually appear in your email client soon.
- Check your mobile phone for the button, please see instructions for reporting on your mobile phone.
- If the button isn't visible in Outlook nor Outlook Web Application, please contact your organisation's IT team, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My HoxHunt button is grey or missing
The button is grey if you do not have the Reading Pane in use.
- Please follow this guide for enabling the Reading Pane for Outlook.
Using the Reading Pane for previewing messages is safe as long as you have the latest updates installed, and are following your organisation's security guidelines.
If you do not want to use the Reading Pane, open the email for the button to activate. This way you can report emails even without enabling the Reading Pane.