Hoxhunt training emails or simulations emails
The Hoxhunt Phishing Training focuses on teaching you how to recognize and report phishing emails. To do so:
- Hoxhunt sends simulated phishing emails for you to recognize and report.
- When you report a Hoxhunt simulated phishing email with the Hoxhunt button, you get the chance to learn more about the simulated phishing attack you received through a short micotraining moment. These are always customized for the training email you received, so that you will learn something new each time.
- Depending on the configuration done by your employer, these additional features may be enabled:
- Hoxhunt may show you a Security Awareness Training quiz and learning card, if your admin has enabled this training module for you organization. Read more: Security Awareness Training
- Hoxhunt reporting can move the email to Deleted Items folder after reporting. Read more: FEATURE: Remove Hoxhunt emails after reporting
UPDATE: Hoxhunt now supports reporting from Shared Mailboxes but Hoxhunt button needs to be re-installed. Please refer to this article for more details: Reporting from Shared Mailbox
If you report an email from a shared mailbox, you need to be logged in with the shared mailbox account. Otherwise you will not be able to report the email from a shared mailbox.
- Shared mailbox account (firstname.lastname@example.org) has a suspicious email, you need to be logged in with email@example.com to report directly from that mailbox.
- If you cannot log in with the shared mailbox account, follow your company's guidelines for reporting, or forward the mail to your inbox and report it with Hoxhunt there.
You can easily visit your Hoxhunt Dashboard at game.hoxhunt.com to review all the training material. There you can view your progress, Leaderboards, and re-visit previous Hoxhunt emails including their micro training. Read more: Hoxhunt Dashboard Overview
When reporting emails in Web Outlook the application will ask each time for your permission to open Hoxhunt. This is a technical safeguard set by Microsoft, and it cannot be circumvented.
If you have any questions about reporting Hoxhunt training emails, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org